The Nest comprise of:
- Christoph Clöser - saxophone & synthesizer
- Tycho Schottelius - turntable, synthesizer & mix
- Thomas Mahmoud - field beats, effects & vocals
- Gerald Mandl - bass & effects
"Tiny Mix Tapes" about "1977":
"With a sound both ominous and spacious, the quartet allows the music to breathe and expand within the cavernous surroundings,
all the while giving off an unsettling and claustrophobic vibe"
"Boomkat" about "music for drivers":
“Highly minimal and with due attention to space and atmosphere, poised with a sharp tension between contrasting organic
and mechanical sound sources; field recordings lend an unpredictability and sense of atmospheric breadth while their
patiently attuned playing paints the space between with ethereal, otherworldly strokes of synthesizer, saxophone and electronics.
constantly morphing between moods which are never quite just dark and light, maybe best described in terms of psychedelic,
hallucinatory light shows.” (Boomkat).
"Toneshift" about "1977":
Life is slowed down hear, the tones are displaced, darkly ambient with a wiggly space music feel. While a melody glistens,
others are shape-shifting objects ever so slightly, the percussive elements are like nerve-endings."
"Textura" about "music for drivers":
"In its favour, the group brings an open-ended sensibility to the recording process. There's some sense of structure
and organization in place but an even greater focus on freedom and fluidity, with the four musicians willing to let the
peculiar material unfold in accordance with its own idiosyncratic logic. It's not always easy listening,
but it's also never less than interesting."
"A Personal Miscellanarium" about "sayweenjoy":
"This form of genre-boundary-neutral music seems very now, very current in a subtext sort of way.
It gives me the feeling of being on to something."
- Jazz Festival Moers, Germany
- Jazzhouse Kopenhagen, Denmark
- Avant Art Festival, Wrozlaw, Poland
- Worms, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Volksbühne, Berlin, Germany
further musical projects:
webpage info & legal
- this webpage is the official online-presence of the German experimental jazz and electronic music group called The Nest.
- webdesign by Tycho Schottelius